Re: Now with debug info - Nova-T-500 disconnects - They are back!

I've got one of these (which is described on it's mythTV wiki page as
"fully and reliably supported") in a server that I'm trying to use as
a mythtv backend. It seems I have become one of the many people having
problems with this card and linux. mythtv tells me it can't get a
channel lock, and dmesg tells me:

usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 2
mt2060 I2C write failed
dvb-usb: error while stopping stream.

Interestingly, trying to run lsusb at this point seems to get stuck
inside a system call or something because it never exits and kill -9
doesn't kill it. Restarting mythbackend gets everything back.

This is on kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r3, with hardware:
Gigabyte G33-DS3R motherboard (Intel G33 chipset)
Intel Q6600
2GB RAM (dual channel DDR2-800)

I'm using the dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw firmware.

I saw somewhere on the archives that someone found the problem went
away with the following options to modprobe:
options dvb-usb-dib0700 debug=1
options mt2060 debug=1
options dibx000_common debug=1
options dvb_core debug=1
options dvb_core dvbdev_debug=1
options dvb_core frontend_debug=1
options dvb_usb debug=1
options dib3000mc debug=1

Problem hasn't gone away (but seems less frequent), and I figure
someone here could use the debugging data so here's the relevant part
of my syslog:
http://pastebin.com/f34ed8e20
(disconnect even is pretty much at the top, and down the bottom is
where I restarted mythbackend).

Ian Cullinan