Re: Now with debug info - Nova-T-500 disconnects - They are back!

I hope this isn't too off topic but I wanted to add that I've found
disconnects less problematic using myth-tv if I turn active EIT. It will
still collect EIT when you watch/record TV but I find thats sufficient.

Before I did this I was getting an awful lot of disconnects, I switched
to 2.6.24.3-12.fc8 when I upgraded to myth 0.21, using v4l repo.  Now
they are fewer and if it does happen then it will recover as soon as the
tuners are no longer in use because myth releases them.  Eg live tv ->
disconnect -> quite live tv -> go back, it works.  dmesg shows that the
card has been restarted.  Beats a script to restart the backend (which I
used to use) when it disconnects.

Perhaps that information will make someone else's life less painful :)

On an somewhat unrelated note, I was wondering about the firmware.  Am I
right in thinking this is closed-source (from Hauppauge)?  Could this
mess be caused by the firmware falling over -> device dies -> usb
disconnect or other symptoms (like losing a tuner) depending on how the
USB layer responds?  Not that I have a clue..

Chris.

PS I might have got passive/active muddle up, you want the setting that
*doesn't* cause the card to be perpetually in use.