Re: Analog capture (saa7113) not working on KNC1 DVB-C Plus (MK3)

L. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> with a KNC One "TV-Station DVB-C Plus" PCI card (MK3 - Philips SAA7146
> with CU1216L/A I G H-3 Tunerbox with TDA10023) equipped with composite
> and s-video inputs ('Plus' version, Philips SAA7113), analog capture
> is not working. Most recent kernel sources I tested were 2.6.25-rc7.
>
> DVB-C television works fine with this card using 'budget_av' kernel
> module (from kernel 2.6.20 on, using e9hack's tda1002x patch, and
> later with mainstream kernel sources alone), but when opening an
> analog input, there are no data coming. A black screen is shown with
> 'xawtv' application. Xawtv correctly shows up the two video sources
> this card provides: 'S-Video' and 'Composite'.
>
> I checked the cables and video sources, they work fine with another
> card with analog input.
>
> I can do tests or compile something if you want me to. Information from
> lspci, dmesg and lsmod please see below. Help to get analog capture
> working is appreciated very much.
>
> Thank you
>
> L.

Thx for the confirmation, I've reported this before at 12/2007 with topic

budget_av 'plus' cards saa7113 capture broken by CI code or incomplete

on this list. the videobuf reworks broke it or all the foreign CI code
in budget_av.c is disturbing the saa7113 circuit part of the card.
on this list, CI CAM functionality has priority it seems. sorry.

tom