Re: [RFC] TDA8290 / TDA827X with LNA: testers wanted

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

>> The better is to do an "hg pull -u", before asking me to pull.
>>
> Basically you are right of corse. I try to avoid this after i once saw a merge
> causing an unnecessary huge change log. But this was an old hg version.

hg merge logs sucks, IMO. Git do a much better job. I didn't tested yet hg
version 1.0 (finally, they lauched version 1 ;) ).

>> Just one comment about the config var (this applies also to the previous code):
>> I'd prefer to have an enum, instead of config=0,1,2,3. Something like:
>>
>> enum {
>> 	TDA827x_NO_LNA,
>> 	TDA827x_LNA_VIA8290_LOW,
>> 	TDA827x_LNA_VIA8290_HIGH,
>> 	TDA827x_LNA_VIA_HOST,
>> } config;
>>
>> This helps people to better understand the LNA config code.
>>
> Hm, i did similar things in other places...
> I did not do this here because i wanted to be able to use this variable
> with other tuners as well -> use #defines instead?

Could be #define or enum. Yet, we'll need to have those defines/enum
declared into a .h, and included on the driver that uses it. We are using
this approach also for other drivers that need callback, like
tuner-xc2028.h.

Cheers,
Mauro Carvalho Chehab
http://linuxtv.org