Re: Implementing support for multi-channel

Ben Backx wrote:
> Sorry, late reply, been busy with some other stuff.
> Back to driver-development.
>
> The hardware supports multi-PID-filtering, so that's not the problem, the
> only problem is: which functions have to be implemented in my driver? In
> other words: is there an application that says to the driver: give me the
> stream with that PID and which function is called to do that? I'm guessing
> DMX_SET_PES_FILTER?

I see.
To be honest with you I don't know the difference between kernel level filter and hardware filter.

The way I see it, but I think it might depend on the card as well, is that the driver in the kernel
always receives the whole TS and then does a software filter which you can trigger via
DMX_SET_PES_FILTER.

I don't know anything about hardware filter.
Someone else should maybe answer this question.

Andrea