Re: Help needed...

Dear Morgan,

first of all I thank you for your kind answer, and I also thank Octavio
  Ascanio and Hermann.

Actually, before you answer I solved my problem in a way that seems to
me very close to your suggestion.

Looking a lyngsat and kingofsat I found that every single channel found
by dvbscan is on a frequency which is just 19 or 20 units less than the
one listed on those sites. For example, 11804 on lyngsat corresponds to
11785=11804-19 on the dvbscan output.

So I started trying different values of frequency, but without results.
Finally, I really can't say why, I tried to change "V" to "H" ... et
voilà: I could be able to see RaiNews24!

Then I tried exactly what you suggested: the -c option. This way I got,
with some minor problems, a list of RAI channels on 11804 and 11766, but
still with the wrong frequencies.

To be precise, here is a working channels.conf file which I can now use
to watch and record RAI channels perfectly fine:

nettuno1:11785:h:0:27500:519:657:3410
nettuno2:11785:h:0:27500:513:651:3410
rai1:11747:h:0:27500:512:650:3401
rai2:11747:h:0:27500:513:651:3402
rai3:11747:h:0:27500:514:652:3403
raiedu1:11785:h:0:27500:514:652:3527
raiedu2:11747:h:0:27500:518:656:3406
raigulp:11785:h:0:27500:522:663:3410
raimed:11747:h:0:27500:515:653:3404
rainews24:11785:h:0:27500:516:654:3521
senato:11747:h:0:27500:8190:92:3408

You will notice the "h" polarity. According to lyngsat, there are no
channels on "11785 H", or, if any, they definitely are not RAI channels.
The same, if I remember correctly, applies for "11747 H".

My practical conclusion is: "11804 V" stands for "11875 H" and "11766 V"
stands for "11747 H". No other way to get things working.

To some extents, my results are in some accord with your suggestions.
Actually, the cable should be about 30 meters long. I can't say anything
about the point 1) of your answer, but I also have many foreign channels
tuned with the wrong frequency, but the right polarity. At present it
would take a bit of time to show you some example of this, I'll dot my
best about this.

Anyway, now I got a practical result, and that's a start.

Many thanks and best regards.

--
Andrea