Help needed...

Hi,

I can szap many free channels from Hotbird 13E, but none on some
frequencies. For example, if the "test" file just contains the line:

    S 11766000 V 27500000 2/3

that I took from http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html as many other which
instead work percectly, the command:

    scan test > channels.conf

alway gives the following output:

scanning prova
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
initial transponder 11766000 V 27500000 2
  >>> tune to: 11766:v:0:27500
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
  >>> tune to: 11766:v:0:27500 (tuning failed)
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
ERROR: initial tuning failed
dumping lists (0 services)
Done.

On the other hand, if I put manually some lines in channels.conf for
such a frequency, I can zap to those channels, but in most cases I watch
a different channel, not the one I expected to see.

This doesn't happen on other frequencies.

May be of some help the fact that I'm writing from Italy, and I cannot
get channels from the scan for the most important italian channels: in
particular, none of RAI network, nor Mediaset network, the biggest
network in Italy.

Also, the signal became rather good after I bought an amplifier.
Actually, I can see and record perfectly fine many channels. I don't
think I have signal strength problems.

Any hint will be very much appreciated.

Best regards.

--