Kworld 220RF not tuning

On Thursday 20 March 2008 08:34:25 hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi Ian,

> the i2c goes mad currently on your card and that results in a total mess
> for the eeprom readout, that goes also for the subsystem there, which is
> corrupted and hence you get card=0 without tuner and DVB loaded.
reboot fixes this problem.

> Use recent scan files from linuxtv.org mercurial dvb-apps, for example
> "Seven" recently changed, maybe we can discover something then, for sure
> other people have the card working, not long back we fixed some analog
> inputs and the radio and DVB-T was still OK.
Ok, got these, and compiled the "scan" tool from them.
No change: all channels fail with ">>> tuning status == 0x00"
At the risk of asking the obvious, what does this error actually
mean? I've assumed it means problem with the driver, could
it be a hardware or aerial problem?
> Also your previous experimentation with the tuner address was pointless
> that way. The analog tuner is correctly detected at 0x61, the second
> tuner used for DVB-T is at 0x60 and also did not throw an error?
Maybe stupid question: is the second tuner for DVB detected?
There's no mention of it in my dmesg, and that would explain the
problem (analog fine, DVB doesn't tune)

Thanks for your help.

Ian