Re: HVR-1250, Suse 10.3, scan hangs, taints kernel.

FWIW, compiling the 2.6.24-3 kernel also solved my issue with (dvb)
scan hanging. As noted in previous messages, I have a fresh 10.3
install of suse, updated everything and installed the latest v4l-dvb.
Every time I scanned for channels, it'd hang as soon as it found one,
and wouldn't release the card or the process (not even if I killed
it). After doing yet another fresh install, and then building the
2.6.24 (as opposed to the 2.6.22 incldued with suse) kernel, scan
worked fine, and resulted in finding all my available channels.