Re: [RFC] TDA8290 / TDA827X with LNA: testers wanted

Hello Hartmut,

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> Michael Krufky schrieb:
>> I have an HVR1110, and I have a QAM64 generator that I use to test it.
>>  Obviously, it is a hot signal.  Is it possible for me to test the LNA
>> under these circumstances?  ...or do we need somebody "out in the
>> field" to do that sort of test?  (I live in ATSC-land ;-) )
>>
> You should be able to. You need to have the debug option for the tuner on
> and you need to be aware that the decicion LNA on / off is taken only once
> while tuning. When you modify the RF level you should notice that increasing
> the amplitude results in a lower AGC2 value. When it reaches the value 2, the
> driver should report that it turns the LNA to low gain. You will also need to
> monitor the AGC value of the channel decoder to see the effect.

I'll give this a try when I have some time, and send you the logs.

>> You mentioned a possible kernel OOPS.  Have you actually experienced
>> an OOPS with the current tree?  I apologize if this feature being
>> broken is the result of my tuner refactoring.  I appreciate your
>> taking the time to fix it.
>>
> Yes. The first parameter to the tuner callback was wrong and cause a reference
> to a NULL pointer.

Ah, I believe this may have been caused by a very recent changeset:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/ad6fb7fe6240

I tested all of my changes thoroughly, and had received positive test results from other users with various hardware.
The regression was not part of my tuner refactoring changes, and I do not think that this is upstream in 2.6.25-rc.

Can you confirm whether or not the above is the problem changeset?

Regards,

Mike