Re: Need Help with PCTV 452e (USB DVB-S2 device with STB0899)

Hi,

---snip----
> > The first tuning after powerup/init fails quite often for me but the folllowings are fine
> > even switching from DVB-S to DVB-S2 works like a charm.
>

> Nice to know it works great. Should i pull the patch into the multiproto
> tree to
> make it easier, since it works as expected ?
That would be nice, I'll prepare a patch next days (which also includes the TT-connect S2-3600 patch from André).

And I would also like to add a sample tuning application since this seems to be the most common
issue when trying to get DVB-S2 running

> Also, can you test DVB-S2, a 30MSPS stream whether it works as expected ?
> (in case you have access to such a transponder ?)
which satellite/transponder has got such a rate?
I can only receive 19.2E and 13.0E but both don't have high rate dvb-s2 transponders :(

> Currently, i have mixed results, so some amount of further test results
> would
> be quite nice
>
> >> Is it really isochronous transfer that the device really uses in it's
> >> default mode ? I guess many vendors prefer bulk transfers for the
> >> default transfer mode ?
> > There's a bulk pipe but it's only used for setup/control afaik.
> >

> > Happy testing,
> > Dominik
> >

> > BTW: why is the mantis development in a separate HG repo?
> >  I merged the mantis driver to the multiproto repo and can use the
> >  mantis-1041 and pctv452e simultanously :)
>
> I do expect quite some changes to the mantis bridge and have been touching
> very much mantis/bridge specific changes in that tree. Additionally, i
> plan to push
> out multiproto prior to mantis, so both in one tree will make it a bit
> messy.
Ok, that makes sense.

> Regards,
> Manu