Re: DVBFE_SET_PARAMS / delsys from fe_info ioctl ?

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 05:49:53PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Basically you seem to get the wrong end, (it's one whole line, no corners
> to it) since you think that it all starts with a tune operation. No, a tune
> operation is not the first operation that's to be done in many cases.

A tune operation might not be the first thing to do in a GUI based
operation where the user gets presented with a little capability show
and clickable channel lists etc ...

But there are application which simple want to tune with a user
defined configuration and simply want to tune or to get an error
and let the user sort it out. I dont care about the capabilities
of a frontend or stats - i want to tune - And when i open the
frontend and issue an ioctl which passes a struct with ALL INFORMATIONS
NECESSARY TO TUNE i expect it to do exactly that - to tune and not
to bail out with an error because i didnt ask for capabilites via
GET_INFO ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@xxxxxxxxxx             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little