Re: Avermedia PCIe combo tv card

---- CityK <CityK@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > ewomer@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:> > I was wondering on the status of support of the Avermedia PCIe OEM TV card. it's probly only used in gateway computers. no rush just wondering. thanx > >   > > Did you find someone willing to work on support for it? Other wise the > status will have not changed .... The point being, development around > here is not done like a service centre where you submit an order ticket > and then come back a little while later to see if its been filled. So > you're going to have to be proactive, and try to secure help with the > matter (and there are no guarantees that you will find such) if you are, > yourself, unable to directly provide/contribute to the development of > support for the device.> > Incidental to your device:> - Mauro is continuing with efforts to further support for devices using > XC3028 ... so you should heed attention to those developments> - further to our earlier discussion about the MerlinC.rom, mkrufky > informed me recently that it is actually for the CX23887 ... the CX23887 > apparently has a CX2584x spliced/built into it, and the CX2584x requires > a firmware.> - in regards to the encoder portion, see stoth's comment here: > http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=120352870103836&w=2>
Sorry for being confused, I just thought that cards were put on a todo list.  Ill update the wiki with the info on the merlinC.rom file. I got the remote from gateway free of charge, which is cool, but now I cant open it to  get photos of it up on the wiki and since I ditched vista for M$ faster better supported OS windows xp pro I got no use for the remote, so its a ice looking paperweight. As far as contributing the only thing safe for me to do is testing, I looked at the cx23885 source code and figured I do a little copy paste rename to get it to stop saying its an unknown card and winced, my luck even though im in Linux I figured if I messed with the code long enough id end up with a windows blue screen of death. at least that's what happened when I tried to write a cpuid program in windows. sorry for getting of topic. thankx for your help.
PS something with gateway written on it and a windows logo being a paperweight isn’t to suprising.