Re: Avermedia PCIe combo tv card

ewomer@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I was woundering on the status of support of the Avermedia PCIe oem tv card. it's probly only used in gateway computers. no rush just woundering. thanx

Did you find someone willing to work on support for it? Other wise the
status will have not changed .... The point being, development around
here is not done like a service centre where you submit an order ticket
and then come back a little while later to see if its been filled. So
you're going to have to be proactive, and try to secure help with the
matter (and there are no guarantees that you will find such) if you are,
yourself, unable to directly provide/contribute to the development of
support for the device.

Incidental to your device:
- Mauro is continuing with efforts to further support for devices using
XC3028 ... so you should heed attention to those developments
- further to our earlier discussion about the MerlinC.rom, mkrufky
informed me recently that it is actually for the CX23887 ... the CX23887
apparently has a CX2584x spliced/built into it, and the CX2584x requires
a firmware.
- in regards to the encoder portion, see stoth's comment here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=120352870103836&w=2