Re: auto detection of Flytv duo/hybrid and pci/cardbus confusion

Am Sonntag, den 17.02.2008, 21:53 +0100 schrieb Peter Missel:
> Greetings all!
>
> Let me clear things up a bit.
>
> > > First clarification, duo versus hybrid.
> > > Are "duo" cards equipped with two independent tuners that can both be
> > > used at the same time?
> > > Are "hybrid" cards necessarily equipped with digital and analogue tuners?
> > > Can a two tuner card be both a duo and a hybrid, if one tuner is digital
> > > the other is analogue and they can both be used at the same time?
> >

> LifeView are using two vendor IDs - 4E42h for all (!) their OEMs, and their
> own one for LifeView branded cards. Hence we need two PCI ID entries for
> everything, each pair pointing back to the same card data.
>
> Then, card types.
>
> The analog-only and "hybrid" have one single tuner, for DVB-T or analog.
> The "Duo" cards have two tuner frontends, one for DVB-T and the other for
> analog.
> "Trio" cards add a DVB-S frontend, which cannot be used at the same time as
> the DVB-T frontend. Like the Duo, these can run one digital and one analog
> stream in parallel.
>
> Finally, card shapes.
>
> Each card type comes in CardBus, PCI, and MiniPCI shape. The flavors are
> compatible, so that again, the PCI ID data point back to the same card entry
> for e.g. the PCI and CardBus Duo.
>
> The card type/shape combinations are distinctly identified by their subsystem
> ID. No need to guesstimate anything.
>
> That's the plan at least.
>
> regards,
> Peter

Hi Peter!

Your plan is fine so far.

We might add some more comments to group devices obviously together,
since those looking first time at it are a bit lost.

For such i2c IR limits, we have your and Eddi's comments.

Since we can't help it easily, Peter D. should suggest the older version
of the MSI A/D for auto detection. It won't make anything more worse on
that not fully clear Vivanco stuff, except Hartmut might have ideas.

Cheers,
Hermann