Re: [patch] support for key repeat with dib0700 ir receiver

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 22:41 +0100, Jonas Anden wrote:

> > In any case, especially to that problem with "unknown key code" I
> think it
> > is time to change the IR-behavior of the DVB-USB.
> >
> > My problem is, I don't know how.
> >
> > My naive idea would be, that the IR-code is reporting each key (as
> raw as
> > possible) without mapping it to an event to the event interface and
> then
> > someone, somewhere is interpreting it. Also forward any
> repeat-attribute.
>
> I would suggest creating a netlink device which lircd (or similar) can
> read from.

Be ready to discount my opinion, I'm not too good at those things.

Wouldn't going away from an event interface kill a possible direct link
between the remote and X?

The way I see it, LIRC is an additional layer that may be one too many
in most cases. From my point of view, it is a relative pain I could do
without. But I may have tunnel vision by lack of knowledge.

Nico