Trying to solve firmware upload problem with MSI TV@nywhere A/D v1.1 card

Hi,

I'm interested in trying to get the MSI TV@nywhere A/D v1.1 card
working. There is a problem with firmware uploads to the TDA10046A chip
being unreliable. I wonder if someone could give an overview on how the
firmware upload process works from the point of view of the driver and
what I settings I should be looking at to try and solve the problem
being experienced with this card?

I previously posted some details of what's happening with this card that
are available form
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-February/thread.html#23574

I've cloned the mercural v4l-dvb repository and have begun setting up a
new card entry for this card and am looking for ideas of what I could
try to fix this unreliable firmware upload problem. Perhaps some GPIO
ports need to be initialized before uploading firmware?

Cheers,

Russell Kliese