Re: "Invalid section length or timeout" using Kaffeine and Twinhan 102g (aka VP-1022 Rev 2.0?)

I did some more investigating.  Kaffeine apparently generates an error
under this "invalid section length or timeout" condition, whereas
scandvb treats it as a warning:

% scandvb -l 10750,10750 ~/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine/dvb-s/AMC3-87w
scanning /root/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine/dvb-s/AMC3-87w
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
initial transponder 12180000 V 30000000 9
initial transponder 12145000 H 4340000 9
initial transponder 12140000 V 30000000 9
>>> tune to: 12180:v:0:30000
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0010
>>> tune to: 12145:h:0:4340
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0010
>>> tune to: 12140:v:0:30000
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0020
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0010
dumping lists (11 services)
[000b]:12180:v:0:30000:177:180:11
[000c]:12180:v:0:30000:193:196:12
[000d]:12180:v:0:30000:209:212:13
[000e]:12180:v:0:30000:225:228:14
[000f]:12180:v:0:30000:241:244:15
[0010]:12180:v:0:30000:257:260:16
[0011]:12180:v:0:30000:273:276:17
[0012]:12180:v:0:30000:289:292:18
[0013]:12180:v:0:30000:305:308:19
[0002]:12145:h:0:4340:33:38:2
[0002]:12140:v:0:30000:0:0:2
Done.

There have been some other miscellaneous reports of this problem on the
kaffeine mailing list as well as people reporting the above warning on
this mailing list, but the only solution I have seen was that someone
said they "uninstalled everything xine and reinstalled it and the
problem went away".  I don't know what xine would have to do with this
problem, since I'm not running xine.

I tried moving the DVB-S card to another PCI slot.  No difference.  On
the off chance that my wireless 802.11g card was causing some problems,
I removed it, leaving the DVB-S card the only PCI card plugged in.  No
difference.

The good news is that at least I can get a channel list out of scandvb.

The problem is that kaffeine croaks on those timeouts, and I haven't
been able to get MythTV to lock at all.  MythTV is very poorly
documented for setting up DVB-S, and seems quite buggy in that area.
It looks nice, but it's awfully crumbly and unintuitive to configure.

Anyone know of a DVB viewer that would be more tolerant of these
timeouts?  Or better yet, anyone know of a way to fix the timeout
problem?

Thanks for reading,

- Corey