Re: TT C1500 "new version" problems

e9hack kirjoitti:
> Heikki Lindholm schrieb:
>

>>Can you also see what happens at the demodulator chip on XP? Btw., I
>>take it the stv0297 specs aren't available anywhere(?)
>

> Last year in August, I've got such a card for a few days. At this time, I could receive
> one FTA channel with QAM265. I got UNC > 0 on linux and the same bad pictures on Win2k.
> The driver for Win2k does nearly the same like linux. I've wrote a little patch with the
> differences http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=639476#post639476. The patch
> doesn't improve the linux driver. I've compared the init tables for the TT-C2300 and the

I understood from TT's site that the BDA driver/software is the current
one. I tried to install that, but I've never had much luck with TT's
(awful) software and this time was no exception: even setup.exe didn't
finish. If the card sucks under Windows, too, then I'm just going to
return it.

> TT-C1500. There is a difference at reg 0x53. If I change the value from 0x13 to 0x08, the
> BER is reduced and UNC is zero
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=636859#post636859. I've also got some

I'll give this a go when I get the chance.

> logs from WinXP. I've wrote also a little patch
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=661199#post661199. The result of the
> patch is undefined. Some people reports success with the second patch.

It seems that you do the same there that I've done with my attempt, ie.
leave corner detection always on. I'd guess that might help quite
drastically because without it most channels didn't lock for more than a
couple of seconds. Is this patch also based on monitoring the win2k driver?

> If you try to analyse the windows driver, I've posted the schematic of a cheap i2c-bus
> monitor in the same thread on the vdr portal
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=639818#post639818.

Thanks for the pointers. I probably won't be going as far as electrical
engineering. I remember there once was a (software) register dumper for
the bt8x8 and saa713x chips for windows, the name of which has escaped
me. Might there be something similar for the saa7146 and/or the stv0297?

-- Heikki Lindholm