Tutorial or Wiki for newbies for multiproto on TT S2-3200

Hi,

This week (and many times before), I've tried to watch TV with my
TechnoTrend S2-3200 (on Debian). There are many mails on this ml about
this subject, but, among them, a lot are sometimes too much technical
for a basic user (basic, at least on this subject).

I'd like to make a tutorial (why not putting it on a wiki ?) for
newbies [because I think such tutorial does not exist (if I'm wrong,
please, tell me)], in order to increase the number of people who can
watch TV by sat on Linux (I know a lot of people who would like to
do this) !!! Of course, for this, I need to have the right
informations ;-)

From now, I've just installed the driver (multiproto) !!! So, I have a
long way to do before watching TV ;-)))

I know that many of you spend a lot of time on the ml and working on
DVB on Linux. So, I understand very well that wasting some more time for
newbies seems useless. I made a lot of searches on google and on this
ml, but, even if I've found many things, I'm not able to have my card
working well...

Manu told me to add patches [I think what I did was wrong :-(] and,
then, to use the hacked version of scan and szap. Even looking for in
old mails, I didn't find usable (for me !!!) information.

So, if someone may find some time to explain me how installing patches
and how using hacked version of scan and szap, I would be extremely
grateful to him ;-)))

Thank you very much, and thank you again for all your work !!!

David.

P.S. : I hope my English is not too bad...