Re: Pinnacle PCTVHD 800i issues

On Jan 25, 2008 8:11 PM, James Middendorff <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I have gotten around to getting the Pinnacle PCTVHD card setup in my
> mythtv box and I can setup the tuner as an analog V4L card and it always
> is /dev/video0 and I had to set the sound device to /dev/dsp1. Then I
> can only pick Composite1, S-Video, or Television for input source. I
> selected Television, even though on my PVR500 card it shows tuner1? When
> I try to watch television on that tuner card all I get is static?
> Here is my dmesg output http://pastebin.ca/872827. Maybe I am setting up
> the card wrong. This is using the updated driver which I downloaded
> yesterday. Thanks
> James

I am having the same kind of issues with mythtv. Digital TV is working
okay in mythtv (a little slow at tuning and locking in a channel, but
works), but analog seems not working in mythtv (the current master
v4l-dvb tree). However, tvtime has no problem with analog tv on the
800i.

I rewrote parts of the xc5000 tuner to better handle the interaction
between the ditigal and analog tuning and have managed to get analog
tv partially working in mythtv. It still has issues, like it works on
most channels but channel 5 and channel 6 gave me static as before,
and audio is still an issue. I will publish the patch once I finish
testing and make sure it doesn't break other stuff.

Also notice that mythtv probably is not doing something right either,
given that tvtime works very nicely with the current driver (and my
rewrote tuner driver as well). Another piece of evidence for this is
that my mythtv have the same tuning issue with channel 5 and channel 6
on my other card (Fusion HDTV5 RT GOLD).

--
Chaogui Zhang