Re: HVR-4000 - cx8802_start_dma() Failed. Unsupported value in .mpeg (0x00000001)

Marshall, Russ wrote:
> Maybe someone on here can provide some insight on this.  I'm trying to
> do MPE over DVB-S and S2 with the HVR-4000.  I'm currently using
> 2.6.23.12 and have tried both the multiproto tree with the HVR-4000-DVR
> patch and the main v4l-dvb tree with Darron's patch, both with the same
> result.  The drivers and firmware load fine, scan doesn't return any
> pids but does appear to tune, szap seems to lock.  If I try to use
> dvbnet to bind an interface to a pid or do a dvbsnoop of the pid I get
> the following error:
>
> cx8802_start_dma() Failed. Unsupported value in .mpeg (0x00000001)
>
> Can anyone provide any insight on to what might cause this?  I have a
> Cerona SkyDSR hooked up to the same feed and can receive everything just
> fine.  This happens with the card in both S and S2 modes.

It means the dvb sub-driver hasn't claimed the IRQ, probably because the
demux was not opened (which indirectly causes the dubdriver to claim
ownership).

The errors is reported because someone asked DMA to start, but no
subdriver owns the transport bus.

Try opening the demux using szap -r.

- Steve