Re: Pinnacle PCTV 60e

Hi,

Is anyone alse able to help with this? Someone on the Ubuntu forums is also offering to help if we can locate the sections in the source to change:

"The files having the source code are in the pctv200e folder, and they are:
pctv200e.h
pctv200e.c

Check the ones in the zip file in a previous post on this thread.
The ones in the v4l tar file are the original ones, so they need to be overwritten with the ones in the zip file. The location of those files in the v4l tar file is mentioned above.

What I don't see it clear (because I did not work in the driver since the beginning, and I am no expert) is what to change exactly.

I can tell it must be related to the codes that appear when you execute a "lsusb" in a Terminal.
But I cannot see those ones for the PCTV200e coded in the driver. Those codes should say which driver to lad when you plug the device.

I can give you more hints once we clear up how to change those."

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4181391#post4181391

To recap, I would like to get the PCTV60e working with the 200e driver if possible.

Thanks,

Luke.

Luke Mackenzie wrote:
Hi,

I have been speaking to 'sn9' on the #linuxtv IRC channel and he advised me that it might be possible to force the PCTV200e driver to recognise the 60e as the chipsets are the same. The 60e is a USB device but not a dongle.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Digital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+60e.htm

http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Pinnacle/60e

Apparently the man to speak to is Markus Rechberger (mrec). I would be grateful if he could let me know how I would go about achieving this or if it is possible? I am happy to do testing and help release a usable driver. I am not a Linux expert and don't know C but am reasonably technical (if being a php developer counts!).

Many thanks,

Luke Mackenzie.