Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:55:46 +1100
From: Jeff Bailes <thepizzaking@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  winfast dtv dongle (dib0700) support
To: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Phil,
I got a winfast dtv dongle a week ago and got it working with 2.6.23.
I first checked which version I had (6f00 or 6f01) using lsusb.
Turns out I had the 6f01 which my kernel didn't support.  So as a quick
fix I recompiled the kernel changing the all occurrences of 6f00 in
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-ids.h to 6f01.
Then I just copied the firmware to /lib/firmware and it worked.  (At
least, I think that's all I did).
Jeff