Re: Testing HVR1800

On Jan 22, 2008 5:38 PM, Barry Quiel <quielb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

> So I spoke a bit too soon. For whatever reason it started working in
> Myth, although I still can't get a good cat /dev/video1.  BUt I can't
> change the channel.  When I try and change the channel Mythfrontend
> reports an error and the exits back to the menu.  When I go back into
> livetv it is on the same original channel and there is no audio.  If I
> exit out and go back in I get audio back, but still can;t change the
> channel.

Although I don't have the HVR1800...

In my experience, it is generally easier to test a new driver if you
use simpler applications such as tvtime, azap/dvbscan. These programs
will tell you pretty quickly whether the device and its driver are
working properly or not. Once you are sure the drivers are working
properly, then move on to your favorite media center or any other
program.

Trying to test device driver with MythTV sometimes muddles the water
too much and you won't know whether it is a problem with the driver or
the application.

--
Chaogui Zhang