Re: Pinnacle 800i driver problems

2008/1/22 Muppet Man <muppetman4662@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Greetings all,
> Ok, I feel really dumb but I have having a devil of a time getting linux to
> see my capture card.  I believe I am doing everything right, but then again,
> I don't know.
> I downloaded the file posted about a week ago stating it was a patch for the
> pinnacle pci card (800i).  I extracted the tz file, opened terminal, cd
> directory to the folder, did sudo make, sudo make install and restarted my
> computer.  When I start mythtv back end, I get no card can be found error.
> I'm sure I am really close to getting this to work.  Any help for a linux
> nOOb would be greatly appreciated.

Given the changes the 800i driver have been through, you will be much
better off if you use the latest code available at

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

As of this morning, all patches related to the 800i so far have been
merged into the master tree above, so it should work without problems.
The only time that one may consider not using the master tree is when
you know for sure that there are patches related to your device that
have not been merged.

If you still cannot get it working, post here.

Good luck!

--
Chaogui Zhang