Re: AverMedia DVB-S Pro Howto?

Thanks! I'll try those patches as soon as they get posted. I'll provide all the feedback I can.

And don't worry about they being "beta": after spending one entire year fighting against the Nova-T 500 disconnects I think I'm ready for everything...

Best regards, and thanks again for your work.
 Eduard

2008/1/20, Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Sonntag, 20. Januar 2008, Eduard Huguet wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm try to make this card work using the lastest patches that has been
> published in this list. However, I'm somewhat lost about what patches and
> in which order must be applied to a clean HG tree. I've tried to apply the
> patches mentiones in these threads:
>

>    - Analog inputs:
>     http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg27833.html
>    - zl10036 driver:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg28565.html
>    - zl10313 into mt312:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg28566.html
>    - DVB-S support for A700:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg28567.html
>
> However, almost none of they apply cleanly into a freshly download HG tree.
> I'm willing to help on this card, at least as a beta-tester. I'm a C++
> developer, so I'm not scared about compiling, repositories, patches, etc...

Hi Eduart!

I try to make it easier for users to try out the patches. I try to document
the necessary steps in the wiki on this page:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AVerTV_DVB-S_Pro_(A700)

I like to create one large patch to be applied against latest hg version and
hope to get this finished these days.

But please mind that the drivers really are development status only. So they
work most of the time but I cannot tell why if not :)

Matthias
--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)