Re: AVermedia M791 Combo OEM TV Card

ewomer@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ---- CityK <CityK@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> ewomer@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Hi, can you add the relevant info to the wiki please
>> (http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_M791_PCIe_Combo_%28OEM%29)
>> ... and upload to that any images you may be able to provide.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> One problem I have right now are two things one i dont know the tuner chip used

Yeah, I noticed that it wasn't mentioned in you're original message...I
take it that it is hidden under a shield?

> and i dont know how to write a wiki.

Its very very easy --- just create an account and sign in (takes like a
2 minutes max) ... then when you have that page loaded up, click the
edit tab at the top and then add the text to the editing window -- just
follow prompts in the different sections as to what to place here and
there.  Don't worry about formatting or anything, I or someone else can
fix that later.  To add images you have to upload them to the wiki first
(please do use descriptive filenames i.e.
AVer_M791_frontside.jpg)...then while editing the device article page,
just replace the generic "filename" used in the spots for  images with
the actual filename  you gave to the image when you uploaded it.  Each
time you click preview, you will be able to see the results of your
edits...when happy, click the submit button.

I cc'ed the list back into the discussion (use "reply to all" so they
aren't dropped ... don't worry, I make the same mistake often too).  In
addition, further discussion should probably be held on the dvb mailing
list, as it would tend to be the more appropriate spot for discussions
(unless there was something v4l specific being discussed) -- as such, I
have cc'ed the dvb m/l with this message too

Cheers