Re: DVB scan fails with Nova-TD - please help?

On Jan 16, 2008 11:33 AM, Stephen G <sgreszcz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jose,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion that the signal was too strong.  I probably never would have guessed that and would have tried amplifying instead.

       You're welcome. I was also following the same path (amplifiers
instead of attenuators), so I guess it is an "obvious idea" for
newbies (like I am) :)

> It is really strange how the Avermedia771 can handle the signal strength as well as the Nova-TD in Windows, but not in Linux?

       Yes, very strange. I did a test with a dual-tuner Avermedia
(the one that is basically like the nova-td, I think), and it was also
able to manage the signal strength. As I also pointed, windows drivers
were also able to deal with high signal strength... I don't know if
this can bring some light to developers in order to make the nova-t
stick driver more... "smart"? Well, I don't know even if it is
possible (maybe it dependes on some hidden functionality? some
specific firmware version?) but, anyway, I hope these discoveries
about the signal strength and the sensitivity of the nova-t help
everybody. Anyway, just say thank you to all the developers for making
all their best without official support from nobody!! (just in case
some one got a wrong "they do it wrong" message!! :) )

       Best,
       Jose