From: José Oliver Segura <primijos@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Stephen G <sgreszcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:16:33 PM
Subject: Re:  DVB scan fails with Nova-TD - please help?

On Jan 15, 2008 2:33 PM, Stephen G <sgreszcz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe this is my problem...
>
> I seem to be able to scan when using the mini-antennas but as soon as
 I plug my main antenna into the small side port, I can't get anything
 (well when the main roof antenna is in either the side or the end).

> What type of attenuation did the guy put on?

       The guy put an splitter/attenuator very similar to the one
Nicolas has sent:

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/8633/s1069zm.jpg

       The main difference is that the one I have (the one that the
guy put) has a little screw that is used (turning it left or right) to
increase/decrease de attenuation level (we had to play twisting it a
lot, since the nova-t stick is very very very sensitive and, unless
you get the right signal strength and/or signal/noise ratio level, it
will fail miserabily on most channels depending on the frequency :-( )

       I don't know if that sensitivy is specific to hauppauge or the
modules inside (tuner, demodulator, etc.), since a few weeks ago I did
a quick test with an Avermedia dual tuner (using only one tuner) and
it was able to find and tune ok all channels :-/

       Good luck!
       Jose