Re: Pinnacle HD 800i - Testers required

On Jan 14, 2008 10:49 PM, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Try the very latest tree at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/xc5000-analog,
> this is looking very good now. I think it's fixed.
>
> Please confirm.

I have tested the latest xc5000-analog tree and I can confirm that
ATSC/QAM for the Pinnacle PCTV HD 800i is working now with the
parallel mpeg port patch.

The IR patch is almost working. The problem is that it seems like a
new key table is needed instead of the one used with HVR3000/1100 etc.
Many keys are reported as "unkown" and the few that are accepted are
incorrect, but that is easily fixable. I will hopefully be able to get
some free time this weekend and prepare a patch for the IR codes.

There is another issue related to the IR though. My other cx88 card, a
FusionHDTV5 RT Gold, lost its IR function with the latest tree. I
didn't have time to investigate further what exactly is the issue, but
if you have suggestions on what to look for, please let me know. The
symptom is that the module ir-kbd-i2c loads as usual, but never
finds/lists the IR function of the Fusion RT GOLD, just as if it
doesn't exist and no error message is reported, while the Pinnacle
800i IR is detected correctly. The Fusion IR port is via ir-kbd-i2c,
and the Pinnacle 800i does not depend on the ir-kbd-i2c. I don't know
why they would interfere with each other.

In any case, this is great progress for the support of the 800i.
Thanks for all the work you put in.

--
Chaogui Zhang