Re: System fails to boot on adding second DVB-T PCI card

On Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2008, John Drescher wrote:
> > is there a way to somehow blacklist videobuf.ko w/o having to remove
> > it? The reason is that packagewise this belongs to the kernel rpm
> > which is managed by the upstream vendor (e.g. Red Hat, Fedora) and I
> > wouldn't want to nuke it - it would return anyway with the next kernel
> > update.
>
> On gentoo there is a file:
>
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
>
> for this purpose I have no idea on any other linux version.
>
> John

Hi there!

This file does just add the blacklist line into modprobe config file. But I
doubt it will work for videodev-module as the original hotplug/udev event is
not about videodev but about saa7134 module.
So you maybe need to blacklist saa7134.

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)