System fails to boot on adding second DVB-T PCI card

Hi:  I'm running MythTV 0.21 under CentOS 5, all updated  from ATrpms  etc.

The DVB-T card is 'AVerTV DVB-T Super 007', which worked out-of-the-box
after I had used the get_dvb_fimware script packaged in kernel-docs.
Manual extraction, as mentioned in the wiki, didn't give a usable file.

I have a second identical card which I would like to add, but with it in
place booting stops with a blank screen soon after the udev stage.  That
reports a malformed kmdl, but with one card this is presumably corrected
after the firmware load.  I don't see any jumpers on the card.

I also have a Medion 7134 card in place; I intend to use its SVHS input
but at present it isn't much used. I mention it because all the devices
include an saa7134.

My apologies if this is a well-known effect, but I don't recollect
seeing it mentioned and would like to get it fixed.  Thanks in advance.

John Pilkington