Re: AverTV Hybrid Volar HX

2008/1/1, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> >> There is a OSS driver upcoming, supported by the chip manufacturer themselves
> >> (AFA Technologies.) I have been a bit involved in that process.
> >
> > Yep - looks nice - and do you have any idea about the release date?
>
> I don't have a date, but the chip manufacturer as well as everybody involved is under

I mean - is it question for few weeks or couple months?

> > Maybe I could help with testing and reporting bugs ?
> > As I can see it would be probably useless to try hacking any code for
> > this device myself.
>
> The current state of testing is that, one needs to understand the chip internals and
> the testing happens in the Labs alone (lot of undocumented things in there,
> documentation being really crap), with some basic tests we have going on. As soon

Well I wouldn't be afraid even from this kind of testing - I think I
have enough skills for this.

If you have some pieces of chip docs you could pass to me...

> I have redone the driver a few times by now, trying to handle the different aspects.
> There have been some discussions on this ML also, on the same a while back.

Actually I've done some search through the list and I've found this:

It looks like there are actually 3 different drivers for Afatech chip:
(and look quite different)

1.) on from you: http://jusst.de/hg    (last commit before 7 weeks)
2.) another from Antti Palosaari  (crope)
3.) by afatech ??  http://af.zsolttech.com/ by Rick Huang

Which leads me to the question - is it actually coordinated somehow?

What is the plan - which driver will go to kernel ??
(IMHO the current situation looks a bit weird at this moment)

And when you are say you are working on some driver - by this you mean
only af901x ? (So I could try those other two if they will not work by
some miracle)

Or when you release your code my AverTV HX will work out-of-the-box?
(with the support for SAA and TDA  chips)

Regards

Zdenek