Re: AverMedia DVB-S Pro

Thank you very much for your information!

However, after seing that the only part that currently works is the analog I preferred to return the card and buy a Hauppauge HVR-4000. For what I've seen there is at least some DVB-S support for it (which mostly interests me now...), and a pretty hard development work occuring for this device.

Anyway, thank you for all the hard work you guys put on this!

Best regards,
  Eduard

2007/12/29, Matthias Schwarzott < zzam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Freitag, 28. Dezember 2007, Eduard Huguet wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Eduard!

>     I've just bought this device, and I'd like to know if there is any
> possibility that is soon supported under Linux. Currently it seems it's
> not, but I really don't know how's the state on it actually.

Until now it is not yet supported. But I hope to make it work somewhere in the
future.

Page in wiki:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AVerTV_DVB-S_Pro_(A700)

There is a small patch to make analog in work.
But DVB support still needs some more changes to support the zl10313. I hope
to find the relevant places to change mt312 driver.

And maybe someone needs to contact Avermedia to get more info about the wiring
of the card (needed for IR support).

Regards
Matthias

--