Re: WinTV-CI from Hauppauge

Manu Abraham wrote:
> Steven Toth wrote:
>> Manu Abraham wrote:

>>> In fact, you might not even need the swdemux at all, as the CA stack
>>> is all in userspace, not in kernel. All you would most probably need
>>> is an interface to read/write a TS to the USB interface. Maybe easier
>>> would be to read the TS off the dvr device, parse the TS and write the
>>> entire TS into a libusb interface
>>> or similar.
>> That would work, but it's kind of a hack. Why not have a mechanism for
>> routing content directly into a cam and back into the s/w demux as
>> required?
>
> Although sounds nice to hear, In kernel copying in a TS to "another" device
> might be like shooting oneself in the foot.

I'd settle for seeing a working solution under Linux, however it
happens. I suspect whoever takes the docs and builds something will most
likely get traction with their ideas. With GPL drivers it can evolved
over time.

Getting the docs out, rather than worrying about implementation, is
higher on my priority list.

Gathering feedback from the apps devs is just as important (IMHO).

- Steve