Re: kernel bug in 2.6.23.1-49.fc8 when switching DVB outputs

> Simon Baxter wrote:
>> Can't see any other reference to this yet, but I keep getting a kernel
>> bug
>> and lock up when switching between vdr-xine output device and the output
>> of
>> my TT-2300C
>>
>> ------------[ cut here ]------------
>> kernel BUG at mm/vmalloc.c:348!
>> invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP
>
> check for
> corrupt root fs (run fsck.ext3 -y)
> hdd/controller/ide-udma-cable damage (swap partition, check with
> smartmontools (run smartctl -a/ -t long) + hdparm (DMA) + lspci (PERR))
> right platform for kernel image
> outdated gcc version for kernel build
> clean rebuild of kernel
> latest stable kernel.org version
> RAM/MB damage (use a knoppix boot and run memtest86)
> BIOS RAM and PCI latency settings (use failsafe settings)
>
> possible sw reason:
> invalid function pointer due to kernel mem corruption,
> but unlikely in vmalloc.c
>
> but this looks like a hardware issue.

> tom

Turned out to be something related to the openchrome driver.  Removed this
and it's not done it since.

Still having problems getting the MPEG2 decompressor and MPEG4 accelerator
working on my EPIA SP1300 - but that's not dvb related....

Thanks

Simon