Hauppage Nova TD with diversity technology

Hi all,

in this days I have changed six(6) dvb-t board.Exactly these:

asus mycinema pro Hybrid 7131P
Pinnacle hybrid pro 310i pci (have the same chip 7133 as the asus mycinema hybrid)
Pinnacle PINNACLE PCTV HYBRID PRO USB
Hauppage wintv nova-td stick with diversity technology (this scans return many channels, but is impossible to look it)
WinTV hauppage HVR 1100(with this board, I have see one channel previously scanned by the nova-td stick. However
after I have re-scanned the frequency with this board and kaffeine, the problem: "Not able to lock the signal on the given
frequency" remain. With Mplayer have the same problem. In addition, scans with this board return only six dvb-t channels)
Pinnacle dual dvb-t pci pro 2000i (which is not supported, october 2006 mesg on wiki, however I have tryed this board too.
Only lspci can see this board as Royal TS function 1, RoyalTS function 2 and Royal TS function 3)

None of these seem to work with kernel 2.6.23.11 and 2.6.23.12. I have tryed with
v4l from mercurial too.

### (Ok, you can smile now! :) ###

I have tryed on 3 pc: one P4 2GHz, one Notebook hp dv9095 2 dual core,
and one Atlhon AMD 64 BIT.
All have Linux slackware 12 and all have kernel 2.6.23.12 now.
I'm sure that these "problems" are temporarily, probably soon will be fixed.

Tested with the follow application: dvbscan, kaffeine, mplayer, myth.

The problem is the same in all the case:

Not able to lock signal on given frequency (it is not caused by a strenght signal, on winzoz
all these board scans and get the list of channel and I can view the dvb-t tv)

With the pinnacle hybrid pro 310i pci, I have a problem when try to read the eprom. At boot
it report: unable to read eeprom(err=-5)

Instead, my card express on the laptop is a Yuan with dib300P M/C chip and work well,
but the scans return only 6 channels. One time, with old kernels, return many channels, 63.
This is an another question: why?

I not a developer but I know your hard work; today I re-go to the shop and
return the sixth pci card(pinnacle dual dvb-t pro pci) and re-buy Hauppage
Nova TD with diversity technology. Why? Because none of these 6 board
work on my pc's but the nova-td seem to be the best as sensibility, for
me ..(I have installed windows too on a partition for test this six board).

But the nova-td diversity have the follow problem with kernel 2.6.23.12(In addition, I have
read on internet: "common and unrisolved problem"):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[   18.572000] FIXME:em28xx_i2c_send_bytes(1e): write failed:
[   18.572000] ===============================
[   18.572000] 7f
[   18.572000] ================================
[   18.572000] mt352_read_register: readreg error (reg=127, ret==-19)
[   18.572000] em2880-dvb.c: no luck with mt352 demodulator, not attaching em2880-dvb
[   18.572000] em2880-dvb.c: DVB-T demodulator not reachable, did you try "modprobe em28xx device_mode=1"
[   18.572000] Em28xx: Initialized (Em2880 DVB Extension) extension

I have tryed with "modprobe em28xx device_mode=1" too, without lucky :(

Will be fixed in future?

Please, I'm very sorry for my bad bad English. I hope you understand at least 2/3 of this e-mail.

p.s. when I try to make dvsbcan from mercurial on AMD Athlon X86_64 arch, return an error regard .."__u32.
       Not remember all the string of the error. This happen on pc at my home. But at my home I not have Internet.
       On my other two X86(32bit) pc's, make work correctly and compile it well, without errors. However,
       I have downloaded an old version of dvbscan .rpm, make-ed it in .tgz and installed, this work.