Re: New TV Tuner for solve BUG in saa7134 radio

-----------------------------
> 2007/12/19, Paolo Gramaglia < cle.paolo@xxxxxxxxx>:
>         Hi,
>
>         you are lucky guy!
>
>         I have asus my cinema hybridP7131,DVB/analog, with
>         saa7133/7135 and radio FM.
>
>         I have just installed winzoz(XPwithSP2) for try if the board
>         work on it, and work fine! :(
>
>         On my distro, Slackware 12, with kernel 2.16.23.11 all modules
>         works, I see the device,
>         I have tryed to compile it statically in the kernel too, after
>         I have follow the how to wiki and more ...
>         But kaffeine say me:
>         Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency.
>         The only program that works, for now, is xdtv, but with it the
>         quality is very very poor and only 2/3
>         max 6 station are the result of the scan as "unknow station
>         n.xx" :(
>
>         Another thing, perhaps inportant: I have a dvb-t on my
>         notebook too. Same kernel, same Slackware 12,
>         on my notebook work fine(it is a Yuan DVB-T).
>         Why with linux video and kaffeine if I scan I get only 6
>         station(before, one time, was a lot..) but if I scan
>         with windows I get 63 dvb-t channels! Why?? :-(
>
>         This evening I try with mercurial v4l and dvb scan tool ...At
>         home I not have Internet ...for this, is a neverending
>         story for me ..
>
>         Any help is appreciated, however my English is bad, this is my
>         very problem.
>
>         Many thanks to all for your jobs and Merry Christmas and happy
>         new year to all! :-)
>
>         Best Regards
>
>         Paolo

----------------------------

Paolo,

please open a new thread for this and don't high jack Mireks issues by
top-posting on it.

For what I can test, I seem not to be able to reproduce it.

Maybe my English is too bad too, but what exactly you are having
troubles now left with?

To be honest, I don't get your report.

Mirek, beside other stuff, I have three triple capable devices in one
machine currently too, I don't claim that I'm through and none of them
has radio.

But, since you ask for _hybrid_ tuner stuff which supports DVB and radio
at once, at least _that_ is some sort of brain damage you should
definitely stay away from, it will never happen.

The TRIO should be capable to do it, since it has _three_ tuners on
different addresses and behind different i2c bridges, the DVB-S one, the
DVB-T one and the analog TV/radio one.

With three such cards I could imagine to crumble about something, but I
would not start with the analog radio.

However, you might or might not have a good point.

Cheers,
Hermann