Re: Second tuner failing (dibxxx, mt2266, Terratec Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity)

Petri Savolainen wrote:
> While the first tuner (0) works fine, the second tuner (1) of the stick
> finds no channels at all when doing "scan". I get filter timeouts for
> all frequencies. Using an existing channels.conf does not help. MythTV
> claims that the signal strength/quality is ok but there is very high BER
> and no (tuner?) lock or just a partial one. I seem to recall both tuners
> were working at some point with earlier code from repository. I am at
> least fairly certain "scan" found at least some channels earlier, no
> matter which tuner was used.
>
> The stick seems to use a DiBcom 7000PC. Thus I wonder if I am seeing the
> same bug here that Patrick Boettcher mentioned on 22.11. in response to
> Yousef Lamlum's message on 22.11, since Yousef's device seems to have
> the same chip/modules???
>
> BTW, I am using the stick with force_lna_activation parameter set to 1,
> otherwise the sensitivity is too low and even the "working" tuner does
> not find all the channels.
>
> Is this indeed a known issue, or is there something I can do to provide
> more information, or test something, etc..?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Petri

Hi Petri,

I've just picked up another Artec T14 BR to use as a second tuner but
haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Once I do I'll let you know works
 alongside the other T14 BR stick.

With regards to the force_lna_activation parameter, my understanding
from looking at the code is that this parameter only get utilised when
using a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T.  With all other tuners I
believe it is being ignored, although someone might want to double check
this.  Are you sure you are observing a noticeable difference when
passing the parameter to the module?

I tried doing the same thing, and when I didn't notice a difference I
had a look around the code.

Cheers,

Yousef