Re: Problem with Hauppauge Nova-TD

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 20:23 +0100, Luca wrote:
> Nicolas Will wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 22:49 +0100, Luca wrote:
> >> I have this DVB-T USB device:
> >>
> >> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick
> >>
> >> It seem supported by difference sources:
> >>
> >> http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DVB_USB_DIB0700.html
> >>
> >> (PCI ID 2040:9580).
> >>
> >> I tried to find the correct firmware, I loaded/unloaded drivers for all
> >> the day (dib0700 is the correct one, right?), but nothing happens:
> >>
> >> dmesg reports:

> >> Dec 12 22:02:25 sirius kernel: dib0700: loaded with support for 2
> >> different device-types
> >> Dec 12 22:02:25 sirius kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver
> >> dvb_usb_dib0700
> >>
> >> The firmware name is dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw and it's located to
> >> /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/... I'm not sure I have the correct firmware (I
> >> tried to get it from Windows driver installation and from web, but I
> >> didn't found anything intersting).
> >
> > I would strongly suggest that you follow the instructions there:
> >
> > http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500#Making_it_work
> >
> > Make sure you follow the instructions in the note (get the 1.10
> > firmware).
> >
> > And then compile a v4l-dvb tree.
> >
> > Tell us what it does for you, but I think it should mostly sort you out.
> >
> > If it does, the -TD stick wiki page would need content.
> >
> > http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick
> >
> > Nico
>
> Thank you for response...
>

> My dmesg is happy:

> dib0700: loaded with support for 5 different device-types
> dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV Diversity' in
> warm state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV
> Diversity)
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 7000PC)...
> MT2266: successfully identified
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV
> Diversity)
> DVB: registering frontend 1 (DiBcom 7000PC)...
> MT2266: successfully identified
> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input11
> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
> dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV Diversity successfully
> initialized and connected.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700
>
> I have 2 adapters now in /dev/dvb.

Great. This is good.

I'll try to do something about the wiki page soon, then.

And god of you to come back on-list, it was not my intention to keep the
exchange private.

> But (there's always a but!)... I tried to find out my channels.conf:

[MAJOR SNIP]

> What am I doing wrong? Anyone could help me? I'm starting to think here
> I'm not receiving any signal...

I'm crap at scan, zap, tzap, etc... as well as in using mplayer for
DVB-T.

My only tests of DVB-T equipment outside of MythTV were with Kaffeine,
which can do a full scan out of thin air.

http://www.andresmartinezsoto.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/skaffeine.png

Nico