Re: Leadtek WinFast HDTV Cinema

On Dec 12, 2007 11:23 AM, CityK <CityK@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good news, bad news situation.
>
> John Drescher wrote:
> > Any word on if this card (Leadtek WinFast HDTV Cinema) is supported or not?
> >
> > http://www.leadtek.com/eng/tv_tuner/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=359
>
> Bad news:
> Turning to the wiki, you will see that it is currently unsupported -->

Thanks. I did not see that page when I searched. I guess I used the
wrong search terms.

> Good news:
> Glancing at the card, it is evident that:
> - it is using the Philips TUV1236D NIM
> - the shape of the decoder/bridge looks to be the saa7135
> - 18 pin IC which I assume is for the remote.
> - there is a 8 pin eeprom on the back (and having a eeprom is always a
> good thing)
>
> Therefore, other then being low profile, the card looks to be very
> similar in block design as other supported cards -- specifically, the
> KWorld 11x cards.
>
> At this point (based upon my visual inspection), I would say that odds
> are pretty good that it would be fairly trivial to add support for this
> device.
>
> Here's where you can help if you have such a device already:

No, I do not have the card. I was considering purchasing this card or
an kworld 115

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815260005

> - confirm the identity of the decoder/bridge IC ... I can't make it out
> from the pics on Leadtek's site or newegg, but like I said, I imagine
> its the saa7135 ... might be using NXP's logo now instead of the former
> Philips
>
> - identify the 18 pin IC to the right of the tuner module and above the
> decoder/bridge IC ..... this may very well be the same as the one used
> on the KWorld cards ... unfortunately, the IC on the KWorld cards is
> labelled only with an entirely non-identifiable "KS007" .... no one has
> been able to ascertain the true identity of the IC, and potentially find
> a datasheet for it ... finding a datasheet for it would likely be very
> beneficial ... support for the KWorld cards' remote has never been
> finalized because, although patches exist, said support is not perfect
> and appears to conflict with some other devices....it certainly would be
> nice to bring some closure to that end if possible.

Other than the problems with remote do the Kworld cards work well? I
am mostly concerned with HD content over QAM256.

John