Re: Leadtek WinFast HDTV Cinema

Good news, bad news situation.

John Drescher wrote:
> Any word on if this card (Leadtek WinFast HDTV Cinema) is supported or not?
>
> http://www.leadtek.com/eng/tv_tuner/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=359

Bad news:
Turning to the wiki, you will see that it is currently unsupported -->
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_PCI_Cards

Good news:
Glancing at the card, it is evident that:
- it is using the Philips TUV1236D NIM
- the shape of the decoder/bridge looks to be the saa7135
- 18 pin IC which I assume is for the remote.
- there is a 8 pin eeprom on the back (and having a eeprom is always a
good thing)

Therefore, other then being low profile, the card looks to be very
similar in block design as other supported cards -- specifically, the
KWorld 11x cards.

At this point (based upon my visual inspection), I would say that odds
are pretty good that it would be fairly trivial to add support for this
device.

Here's where you can help if you have such a device already:

- confirm the identity of the decoder/bridge IC ... I can't make it out
from the pics on Leadtek's site or newegg, but like I said, I imagine
its the saa7135 ... might be using NXP's logo now instead of the former
Philips

- identify the 18 pin IC to the right of the tuner module and above the
decoder/bridge IC ..... this may very well be the same as the one used
on the KWorld cards ... unfortunately, the IC on the KWorld cards is
labelled only with an entirely non-identifiable "KS007" .... no one has
been able to ascertain the true identity of the IC, and potentially find
a datasheet for it ... finding a datasheet for it would likely be very
beneficial ... support for the KWorld cards' remote has never been
finalized because, although patches exist, said support is not perfect
and appears to conflict with some other devices....it certainly would be
nice to bring some closure to that end if possible.