Re: New DVB-T Stick Hauppauge NOVA-T-CE idProduct 0x7070

I demand that Sebastian may or may not have written...

> I just bought a new USB DVB-T Stick (at Conrad, Germany), the name on the
> package is WinTV NOVA-T-CE. On the box there is a label which says 'Model
> 337G', it is put on top of the old 'MODEL 337' mark. I thought it would
> work out of the box but I realized that the product id is not 0x7050 or
> 0x7060 (which seem to be supported) but 0x7070. So the stick is not
> recognized by the kernel - no drivers are being loaded.

> So i tried to tweak the kernel drivers a little (just changed the ID of
> HAUPPAUGE_NOVA_T_STICK_2 from 0x7060 to 0x7070). When i plug in my stick
> then the driver gets loaded, and the firmware gets uploaded. But the syslog
> tells me that there is no frontend to attach to... So it seems not that
> easy to get it running :-(

> See my syslog:
[snip]
> Dec  1 19:40:13  kernel: [  160.868000] dvb-usb: downloading firmware
> from file 'dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw'
[snip]

That's old firmware; you should try again with newer drivers and newer
firmware, and report back (to the list only!) whether this works.

[snip]
| + Output less CO2 => avoid boiling weather.     TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

The fashion wears out more apparel than the man.