Thinking about buying a DVB-S Card

---------- Missatge reenviat ----------
From: Nico Sabbi < Nicola.Sabbi@xxxxxxxx>
To: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:58:40 +0100
Subject: Re: Thinking about buying a DVB-S Card
Il Tuesday 27 November 2007 14:17:35 Eduard Huguet ha scritto:

> Thank you very much. So according to the info you gave me then the
> HVR-3000 is really not a good option for me, as I'd really want to
> use both the DVB-T and DVB-S, probably at the same time.
>
> Do anybody knows if the same thing apply for LifeView FlyDVB Trio?
>
> Thank you very much,
>   Eduard

the Trio permits to use only 1 digital and 1 analog source at the same
time, and it's not exactly famous for the quality of its digital
tuners

Thank you very much for the info. This finally disregards any possibility of aquiring any kind of hybrid card, so I'll probably look for a simple Nova-S Plus or similar, which are quite well supported AFAIK.

By the way, I don't know if for future HDTV it will be enough with a DVB-S card or else I'll need a DVB-S2 card. ¿Could someone make this point clear?

Regards, and thanks you all for the help.
  Eduard