Freecom rev 4 14aa:0160

Hi

A couple have people have recently asked about the revision 4 Freecom USB stick 14aa:0160.  The Windows CD that came with mine has a file called RTL2831UUSB.sys, so I assume this is a RealTek RTL2831U chipset and this matches what other people have said.  Yesterday on the linux-kernel mailing list the following interesting message appeared:

Anyway - here's the reason for my posting. I've got a kernel driver for
> the RTL2831U device (a DVB-T device) from Realtek. Just this morning, I
> got an email from them agreeing to release it under GPL.

http://groups.google.com/group/fa.linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/bbc2c648738bc508/66eb294e7cc33ebf

I hope this means that these devices will soon become useful :-)

Thomas