Re: Determining chipsets (was Artec T14BR DVB-T)

Am Mittwoch, den 21.11.2007, 10:43 +1000 schrieb Lindsay Mathieson:
> Yousef Lamlum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Being the impatient so and so that I am, I cracked open my Artec T14BR
> > to have  proper look inside.  Turns out it uses the same chipset combo
> > that DiBcomm's STK7070-P reference design uses.
>
> Is there anyway to id the chips without taking a USB device to pieces? I
> have a DigitalNow TinyTwin USB (Dual Tuner) that I'm pretty sure is an
> AF9015 design but I'm not sure what the tuner is. I have it recognised
> using the af9015 module from v4l development but the tuner is not
> recognised.
>
> I popped the plastic shell of but all the chips are hidden under
> soldered metal plates and I'm not game to remove them :)
>
> Thanks - Lindsay

Hi,

that is the current situation on almost all new devices since the last
two years and still "improves".

In most cases you can see something such simple as the chips being used
only by the risk to destroy the device. And as said, that still
"improves".

Others simply get their drivers done from the chip manufactures and
their customers and Bill and friends collect for doing nothing than just
rule the market ...

Hermann