Re: UDP encapsulated MPEG{2,4} TS into dvbsnoop?

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> if in the SDP of the broadcast transmission there's some kind of
> configuration (base64-encoded) string (generally known as
> "extradata" ) then you won't get ffmpeg (or any other decoder) decode
> the raw ESs without passing the extradata before feeding it the
> payloads.
> This is the common practice for that abomination that is RT[SC]P,
> which encourages this splitting between extradata and payloads
> even for formats that may have headers in-stream like H26x and
> Mpeg4.

I don't have any means to get the SDP except guessing. Does this mean
that, if "extradata" are present in the required SDP, I have to give up,
for technical reasons?

And, just in case if extradata are in fact not needed, is my "strip
headers and feed to ffmpeg" technique equivalent to trying with the
correct SDP?

> Your best best is to use ffmpeg or vlc directly on the udp:// or
> rtp:// transmissions you receive from the dvbnet interface

Doesn't work (tried with VLC).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov