Re: UDP encapsulated MPEG{2,4} TS into dvbsnoop?

On 10/10/07, Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi yall,

Been googling for a while, but my problem seems rather simple so I think I'll just ask.

I have UDP encapsulated MPEG TS; how do I perform online analysis using dvbsnoop?  All the pages I've been to so far seem to indicate hardware is required.  This may be the case for QAM transport, but for IP transport I already have the stream.

Do I need to pipeline VLC somehow into dvbsnoop in order to strip the Ethernet/IP/UDP headers and just provide plain TS to dvbsnoop?

I have so far been using VLC to dump the raw MPEG TS into a file for post processing using dvbsnoop.

Ok, well I got it to work in a pipeline, but it's still a little ugly:

[jpeavy@localhost ~]$ vlc udp://@233.6.155.140:9840 :demux=dump :demuxdump-file=- | dvbsnoop -s ts -pd 9 -tssubdecode -if - 0x20

If anyone has any better/other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them :-)

Thanks,

--
-jp

When Chuck Norris was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is Courage?" Chuck Norris received an "A+" for writing only the words "Chuck Norris" and promptly turning in the paper.