Re: DVB API update

Hi all,

>>>  * "The current API doesn't allow you to tune into -S2 transponders."
>> We have solved this one already, drivers also exists, people watch S2

According to the DVB-S2 specification, there can be multiple logical TS's
within a single TS alone.

>From the specification and the STB0899 specifications all point in the
same direction:

ISI/MIS allow multiple logical transport streams to be encoded in a single
physical transport stream.

I had asked consulted about this with the relevant people at STM, since
i had been curious about this on the STB0899.

What the information i received was like this: Currently, as we speak, we
don't have TS over TS encapsulation, but there are quite some efforts
to do this.

In this light, my question is that whether we should handle this feature
in the infrastructure.

Manu